Shooters Forum banner

Charter Bulldog

4K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  kystr8shtr 
Older Bulldogs from the first production run are, overall, very good-quality guns -- a handful to shoot, but durable, reliable, plenty accurate, powerful, compact and easy to carry. It has always seemed to me that the stainless steel versions were perhaps a little bit better-made than the blue ones, but I can't give you anything to really back up that impression.

The new ones have apparently suffered from spotty quality control. Fortunately, most of the problems I have heard of could have been found (and probably SHOULD have been found) in a buyer's close, hands-on inspection of the gun before they bought it -- hey, if the barrel-cylinder gap is wide enough to pass a Buick and the ejector rod is bent, don't buy it!

But, a new one that is good is REALLY good. A friend has one he bought about a year ago, and using his handloads it will keep all 5 shots well within 2" at 25 yards from a benchrest. He has fired at least a couple thousand rounds through it and it is stilll tight and reliable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.