Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm glad this battle is happening on someone else's turf. I don't think Mayor Daley realizes how much he is ultimately helping our cause. The next step for the courts, which the U.S. Supreme Court has explicitly not yet attempted to do, is to delve into the meaning of "shall not be infringed". These new ordinances, along with so many laws in states like California and Massachusetts, are begging to be put on trial now that the 2nd Amendment has been declared to apply to all levels of government. The mayor of Chicago clearly feels passionate about his position, and it has clouded his judgment about the practical outcome of his actions. On the one hand, I feel a little angry that people can hold these opinions and be in a position of power (I would feel a lot worse if I lived in Chicago). But on the other hand, I am delighted to see such politicians walking into the trap that may very well cause our right to keep and bear arms to be more securely established. I am giddy about our last two Supreme Court victories, and while I realize there is danger that the next decision may not go so well, I know that governments will continue to steam roller over our rights until we have our day in court.

·
Registered
109 Posts
yep, I was just gonna say.... "glad I don't live in the Windy City..."

Plus, after getting off the interstate in South Chicago over 10 years ago to avoid a traffic jam..... I am really really really really glad I don't live anywhere near there. Although, I do have a high school buddy that likes living in Chicago.

I agree with UnCruel's post.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,129 Posts
My daughter and family live in Naperville, a suburb SW of Chicago. Not nearly as restrictive as Chicago and other 'burbs in the area. It's as close to the Windy City as I want to get when visiting. Hate the drive in and out of Midway airport and the cruddy area around it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts