Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Does anyone currently use this stock or know any one that has or is?
Im looking for umm "reviews" from people who have hands on experience with these.

Thanks in advance
Josh
USAF

**Picture I tried to insert didnt show up, sorry a link to the stock: http://www.hitechtactical.com/Choate...cal-Stock.html

·
Registered
463 Posts
The link wont work for me but I'm going to make an educated guess and assume you are talking about the choate ultimate sniper stock I put a bull barrel on a savage action and dropped it in the stock there are things i like and don't like about it. I like the durability The stock is defiantly tough, I also like the way it feels when i get behind it it may not look ergonomic but it feels "right", I like the idea behind the quick attach no tool bi pod holder but the Harris bi-pod i put on it required two pieces of round stock between it and the stock to be tight making that a wash for me. I do not like the roughness of the grip and forearm, might be nice with gloves but its rather rough on the bare hands, i also HATE the huge molding in the side that says "CHOATE ULTIMATE SNIPER BY BLAH BLAH BLAH.

here is a pick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm... thats not the one i was talking about.. i didnt hear good things about it and i dont like the way it looks.....

Some of the reviews of the one that im looking at say its great and i kinda like the weight factor (im a young pup used to ruck marches and such so humping this through the woods shouldnt be to much of a problem) but like i said im just looking for peoples opinions

Thank you all for taking the time to respond

Josh
USAF

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've got 2 of the Choate Tactical stocks,and also an Ultimate Varminter stock. Some people don't like them,others-like myself-love'em.
I had to wait awhile for the long action left handed stock for my Savage FLP 25/06,and then it was built for a staggered feed magazine and mine is center feed.I made a call to Fred Choate,sent it back,and a few days later it was fixed and returned.Great customer service at Choate Tool & Machine.
The other tactical is on my Savage FCP 308,and it is evidently a Cabela's exclusive stock/gun combo.
I have the Ultimate Varminter stock on my Savage FLP 300WM.

I really like all of these stocks,they can be adjusted for each shooter-length wise,and cheek rest.You can also add weight to the buttstock and grip areas if needed in any of them.They all have an aluminum bedding block,and free float the barrels,you can even have up to a 1 1/8" barrel on your action with these things if you feel like carrying a 20+ pound rifle around with you.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I really like all of these stocks,they can be adjusted for each shooter-length wise,and cheek rest.You can also add weight to the buttstock and grip areas if needed in any of them.They all have an aluminum bedding block,and free float the barrels,you can even have up to a 1 1/8" barrel on your action with these things if you feel like carrying a 20+ pound rifle around with you.
I agree about the features really nice in that regard but I would like to know if they plastered the side of the new one with some huge billboard again, that was my only real complaint seeing as how you can soften up the stippling with some sand paper.

BTW the barrel I put on that gun was not free floated in the stock, I had to inlet until it was! Gun weights 22.4 pounds with scope.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts