Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea where you could get a new screen for a Caldwell chronograph. It works to hook up to my phone but the screen got hit and it doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
15,347 Posts
The instruction manual for one chrony said "When (not if) you shoot your chronograph, send it back for a flat rate repair". Seems like it was $25. Caldwell is kin to the Midway guy and is said to give great service. I have one but its' not shot, yet.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
The instruction manual for one chrony said "When (not if) you shoot your chronograph, send it back for a flat rate repair". Seems like it was $25. Caldwell is kin to the Midway guy and is said to give great service. I have one but its' not shot, yet.
Seems the owners never do that, it's most often somebody who asks "if they can try "one" round ,just too see how fast it's goin'."

·
Premium Member
15,347 Posts
We bought three of the little fold-up Chronys for the shop for rental. Ten bucks a day and a $30 damage deposit. It cost $25 to repair one shot dead center, so it worked out well and many days all three were out at the same time. One guy killed two Chronys in a month. He was trying to chronongraph OO buck at 40 yards. DUH!
I have a couple cannons I'd like to get some figures on, but I suspect the flat rate warrantee would not apply should a two pound cannon ball run through the chittlins.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
i shot a Caldwell many years ago. i didn't have one for years, but now i do. i'm waiting for it to jump in front of a boolit 😂. dang things are suicidal.....

·
Super Moderator
13,549 Posts
Dang Sparkyv, maybe you could have starred with Angelina Jolie in that movie where they made bullets hook around things. Never let the inconvenience of a little gyroscopic stiffness get in the way of a good turn.

Reactions: sparkyv

·
Registered
412 Posts
You guys might hate me for this but every time I see someone shoot there chrony I get all cracked up. . Maybe it's the look on there face ..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, I was having trouble getting it to read on my 3 7/8" M610, so I found some rubber strips at the range and rigged this up. But I had it mounted too far back on the thicker part of the frame instead of the straight part of the bbl, and I failed to note that this created improper alignment. It must have just nicked the bayonet because I never did notice any mark on it. $75 lesson learned. 🙄
Dang Sparkyv, maybe you could have starred with Angelina Jolie in that movie where they made bullets hook around things. Never let the inconvenience of a little gyroscopic stiffness get in the way of a good turn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts