Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Most states only allow for the use of deadly force in cases where your or a family member's physical well being is in danger. I read this article to mean he was responding to an alarm at a location other than his house. In this case it can very easly appear that he went looking for the trouble. I used to be the person that was called when the alarm went off in my fathers business. My responsibility was to open the door when the responding officers told me too and come in after they asked me to. I didn't even go on the parking lot before they were there.

In my home, things are completely different. Any intruder there can be an immediate threat. VA law does indicate that you can not shoot if the intruder is retreating. That can make for some interesting and hard decisions.

My intention was not to pass judgement on the Pastor. Unfortunately, in re-reading my first post it can be construed in that manor.

As suggested by others, much prayer is needed here.

· Registered
187 Posts
2bits, I agree with you in that if the church and parsonage are attached, the situation changes dramatically. Now the slime becomes a home intruder.

As a side note, my BIL is a Pastor. He says that parsonages attached to the church are very trying to the Pastor and their family. Basically, the pastor and their family are never away from the church and the members.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.