Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,879 Posts
"Churchill" is a name that's been owned by at least four different gun companies and none of them actually MADE guns, so the first thing to do is try to find out what kind of gun you have.
What action is it?
What barrel markings?
Do you have any history on the gun at all that might help?

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What action is it? its a 30.06 caliber
What barrel markings? I did not see any marking on it other than the number.
Do you have any history on the gun at all that might help? no history available an arms shop is selling and does not have any history to the rifle available.

·
Premium Member
15,879 Posts
FaheemChauhan-- Without knowing what action its made on and who made the rifle there's very little way of knowing except that it was made after 1906.

Rifles are recognized by their actions and variations of those actions sometimes tell us what period the gun was made. Is there any chance of getting pictures of the gun? You are too new here to post pictures but I'd be glad to accept any pictures and post them for you.

Reactions: FaheemChauhan

·
Premium Member
15,879 Posts
email them to j belk 09 at g mail dot com

Take out all the spaces and try it. I'll confirm as soon as received.

·
Premium Member
15,879 Posts
The pictures show a military M-98 rebuild to civilian specs by drill and tap, bolt handle alteration and a low safety. The stock is most likely by Sile but could be an Italian maker I can't recall the name of. These guns were built for Churchill when it was located in Pasa Robles, California in the mid '80s.

If you can look inside the action forward of the left locking lug recess to see if the left rail is cut through, the action might be identifiable. From what I can see from the pictures, it is a 1950 FN Police Carbine.

Attachments

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
11,593 Posts
A bird in the hand . . .

How does this one in 30-06 shoot?

RJ

·
Premium Member
15,879 Posts
Remodeled Mausers done with a name on them as this one is are usually done better than 'Bubba' would have done and are most likely pretty good rifles, but in the end, they're a badly reblued old surplus Mauser with a new stock. There are comparable rifles in pawnshops all over the West for $500 or less. (I would appraise it for about $350)
I've never seen a Zastava M-70 so can't comment on those. All I know are the Zastava Mk-X Mausers and Winchester M-70s. Both of those are considerably better gun than the Churchill rifle. In my OPINION.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts