Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that Cimarron is planning on offering a reproduction of the Winchester 1876 sometime in the future.  Does anyone have any more info?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I got an answer to my question and I just thought that I'd let you all know that Cimarron responded to my question.  They stated that the 1876 project is on hold but that they were still considering production.  They gave no reason for hold up.  I also asked why they don't consider the model 1886 instead?  They stated that they have to take tooling costs into consideration and also pointed out that there is already an 1886 on the market.  I guess you can't have more than one company offering the same weapon, huh?  I don't particularly like the lightweight 1886.  I like the 26" octagon barrel with the full length magazine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Texvol,
I too got excited to hear about a 1876 replica and e-mailed Cimarron.  Harvey Lane said they were in 'serious talks' with Uberti about the '76 but things were on hold, as you said, until 'things settle down' and Uberti gets their new factory up and running.  They said it might still be a year or two before the reality but there's a lot of interest in the project.  If any of us 'nostolgic big bore nuts' can take the time to e-mail Cimarron with any encouragement, it could add more 'fuel to the fire'!  Best Wishes!

·
Super Moderator
9,462 Posts
CowboyGunNut said:
It took a while, but the Cimarron 1876 is set to be out this summer!

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/New2006/1876Centennial.htm

Lasst of the classic Winchesters and a good one if you can take the weight. Personally, have only gotton to handle one original, but even though it tended to the heavy side, I like what i felt and would be in the market for one of the reproductions (if money and desire ever catch up to eachother).

Any chance for a 45/75?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I spoke to the folks at Buffalo Arms about the Chaparral '76 repros just last week. They have plenty of the 28" barrelled guns in stock, in calibers .40-60, .45-60. and .45-75 WCF. The 22" guns, which I am only interested in, will be in shortly. The current retail price is $944.

if anyone is interested, call them at (208)263-6953. They will answer all your questions.

mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
mike said:
I spoke to the folks at Buffalo Arms about the Chaparral '76 repros just last week. They have plenty of the 28" barrelled guns in stock, in calibers .40-60, .45-60. and .45-75 WCF. The 22" guns, which I am only interested in, will be in shortly. The current retail price is $944.

if anyone is interested, call them at (208)263-6953. They will answer all your questions.

mike
Last week my dealer had two of 22" bbl'd Chapparell's in stock. He said they were in .45-60.

David L. Corbin
owner
Brodaves Guns
5008 Misty Wood Dr. Arlington TX. 76017 USA
817-572-1829 817-454-2414
[email protected]
www.brodavesguns.com

Good guy, fellow cowboy action shooter.
Saw two of the 28" models in 40-60 out at the range last month, the two guys had just picked them up. Got to fondle and am really impressed. Be advised though, the wood grain is "enhanced". But, very nicely done. Ain't gonna stop me from getting one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts