Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, i have'nt been here for a while, but i do have a question for those of you who "OWN", or HAVE OWNED," this little gun.

I know it will not take what a Ruger will take, i understand that, and i do reload by the way.

But, i need to know just 'how much,' ths gun will handle without tearing up etc. i.e in terms of velosity.
will it take winchester 'factory silverytips ok?'

Is it a gun that needs to stay "UNDER" 1000 fps?
Just how 'hot can you safely go with this particular gun? (and it stay together and be safe).

Secondly, is it a good durable, reliable gun, or a problematic?

I am used to ruger etc. so i really do not know what this gun is like.

I would like to be able to load it to the point of it being able to take a deer, or cougar, at 25 yards or so, and i 'am not' into the cowboy action stuff.

I would carry it from time to time on the ranch in west Texas, and i know i can load it down for rattlers, no problem... but how much will it safely take?... CONSISTENTLY.

Thanks in advance....!

CanyonMan

· Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MikeG,

Thanks for the reply.... That load will indeed take care of anything we have going on around here...

I am still curious though of those that have owned this gun, as to it's 'durability.'

I guess after owning rugers since the 70's i am very catious about 'clones' of any nature.. i realize they will probably hold up well for the cowboy action guys, at 600/700 fps; but i just wondered about a steady diet of 800/950fps, (as you said reoil on this little gun will be plenty i would think), but i am getting an 'itch' for it, just don't want to buy something i can't run 900fps through.

Actually the figure you gave, and even a bit lower (fps), will , as you said, take the deer or the lion, at a decent range of course, but i need a dependability report i guess, and durability as well....

The info: you gave is helpful, and for that i "thank you very much."

God bless ya!

Gary

· Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really appreciate your help thus far guys.
i got the itch, for the little 45. i got about everything else i need, so, might as well go ahead and do it. If nothing else, i'm sure it will be a pleasure to carry on the ranch, and do in some snakes, and as we said above, i'm certain it will handle a cougar or a deer at 25/35 yards with about 265/300 gr. cast bullet, and keeping the velosity in the proper range.

Although i will continue to make my 44 vaquero the 'gun of choice for the serious canyon work.

I was reading something by Paco Kelly, last night, and he had a good recipie for the same gun, and a 300gr. cast...
Don't remember right of hand what it was.. i saved it in a folder in the PC somewhere! :)

I welcome anyone else who wants to chime in here... but again, Thanks to you all for the replies.

God Bless Ya!

CanyonMan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.