Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Inactive
7,645 Posts
No! The pistol/rifle cartridge must have 'approximately' (very close) the same base dimensions as the shotshell. The 30-30 or 30-06 are not even close to the 12 gauge dimensions, and the 30-06 isn't rimmed. A whole host of other reasons why, besides shooters not wanting to shoot those rounds in a judge-type pistol!

· The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,601 Posts
Scroll down to the bottom of this page to the "Similar Threads" section and click on other threads regarding this firearm.

· Super Moderator
14,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Main rules are to join in, have fun, and be polite.

I see I was beaten to the answer, but to repeat, the reason .410 and .45 Colt work is the loaded rounds can both fit in the same chamber. .30-30 and .30-06 cannot. Moreover, they'd require much heavier cylinder walls and the large volumes of powder they use would likely cause rapid erosion of the revolver frame top strap. A shotgun revolver could be made, but the size of the cylinder would be so great it would be very awkward to carry or handle.

There was an early version revolver style magazine folding stock shotgun from South Africa called the Striker Street Sweeper. It proved to have reliability problems and the magazine was revised to rotary drum style with auto-ejection. It takes a Class III permit to own one in the U.S. so they are uncommon here. I don't think many people see a reason to go to that expense to have one.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
circuit judge

Thank you to all who helped me with that problem but do you think they will offer it in another pistol caliber :) and i didnt mean both 30-30 and 30-06 in the same gun
and if not could a custom gun be built with a bigger cylinder to handle bigger calibers this design hasnt been done in quite some time

· Super Moderator
14,549 Posts
Not a shotshell/pistol round combination. The law puts a .50 caliber limit on pistol rounds, so you won't find any large enough to share a chamber with 20, 16, 12 or 10 gauge shells.

· Banned
484 Posts
A .30/06 revolver would be a large, bulky, heavy item that would be a miserable beast to fire. The high pressure gas spitting out of the barrel/cylinder gap would probably cut the topstrap in two after a relatively few rounds. It would be LOUD and very dangerous to anything to either side of the gap. I hate to even imagine such a thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.