Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a browning Citori made in 1984. I have noticed that when I fire the over barrel only there is a slight indentation on the primer of the unfired shell in the under barrel. When I fire the under barrel the is no indentation in the unfired over barrel shell.

Any ideas? I am calling Browning Monday morning and not shooting it until I talk to them.

If I do have to get it fixed, are the licensed Browning repair facilities (Jacksonville) as good as the factory repair?

Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Calling Browning may help get clarity on what is happening. I suspect it is a normal outcome of recoil resetting the trigger to fire the lower barrel. Take care...
Oberndorf

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
indent

I have a browning Citori made in 1984. I have noticed that when I fire the over barrel only there is a slight indentation on the primer of the unfired shell in the under barrel. When I fire the under barrel the is no indentation in the unfired over barrel shell.

Any ideas? I am calling Browning Monday morning and not shooting it until I talk to them.

If I do have to get it fixed, are the licensed Browning repair facilities (Jacksonville) as good as the factory repair?

Thanks
I have a rather more attention getting but similar problem with an old LeFever SXS - my favorite upland gun. When I fire the right barrel first and then the left barrel, all is normal; when, however, I fire the left barrel first (analogous to firing the top barrel first in an O/U), when I do that, both barrels fire. A bit more than a light hit. I suspect a worn sear, hammer, spring. A trip to a gunsmith is in the offing.
Pete

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Since Browning uses inertia firing pins in the CITORI, I suspect a weak firing pin return spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts