Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the brush for a .32 adequately clean a .38?
How about a .40 brush for a .45 or a .38 brush for a .047 or .45?

I like to clean at the range, but would like to carry as little paraphernalia as I need.

Any suggestions along the cleaning line, solvents, swabs, whatever are appreciated !

Thanks y'all !

Happy and safe 2010 to everyone !

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I use Otis system - if nothing else it is compact. Sounds like a couple Bore Snakes would work for you.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the OTIS tip

With my arthritis, it's tough on my elbow and shoulder joints to brush scrub my .357 with the correct brush.

th' fish !

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Registered
47 Posts
+1 on the bore snakes. Personally, it doesn't matter whether it's a comp gun, carry gun, or plinker, unless it's fouled up or dryed up I just wipe em off with a shop rag and take em home and put em away. My last revolver that I used for PPC and Bullseye got the forcing cone and cylinder brushed once a month very litely, just to remove any powder fouling. If you shoot only jacketed, the Wipe Out foaming bore cleaner removes copper with little effort. Just my .02. Others may disagree.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts