Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a 1972 vintage 9422 that I recently got. I broke it down to clean before I shot it. It breaks down very easily with just the one screw.

I prefer to clean from the breach. Old habbit from small bore target shooting days. I also break down my Marlin 39As and my Ruger 10/22. It has a hole in the receiver to clean from the breach.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I crack my 9422 and 39A in half when I clean them, I find the action needs scraping out more than the barrel, there seems to be some debate on how often a 22 rimfire needs cleaning!??, some guys after every shooting and others when the action wont cycle or the riffle (or pistol) starts shooting all over the place!?, I tend to go a little longer between cleanings on my guns, depends on how much each one gets shot, but I do clean my BP guns and 8MM Mauser (corrosive military surplus ammo) after every shooting.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I crack my 9422 and 39A in half when I clean them, I find the action needs scraping out more than the barrel, there seems to be some debate on how often a 22 rimfire needs cleaning!??, some guys after every shooting and others when the action wont cycle or the riffle (or pistol) starts shooting all over the place!?, I tend to go a little longer between cleanings on my guns, depends on how much each one gets shot, but I do clean my BP guns and 8MM Mauser (corrosive military surplus ammo) after every shooting.
I agree, the bore seldom needs cleaning, but the action on most of my .22RFs pick up a lot of unburned powder and other garbage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.