Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no computer wiz and my PM box is 95% full.... How do I clean it out? Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
Delete posts, both inbox, and sent folders. Not sure if your screen will look the same as mine, but there will be a box next to the individual posts. Check that box for the posts that you can do without, then go below (may be different for you) next to/left of the 'Go' button, and select "delete". You'll then be cleared for more PM posts.

·
Super Moderator
13,624 Posts
Also note at the bottom of the page there are some actions you can select in addition to deletion. If you want to, you can check all the visible boxes, then download them as text if you think you'll need to refer to one of them again? Then you can delete them afterward.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,I got it done............Many Thanks

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Why can't we have a little more room for PM's ? I mean they are usually text only, they cant take up too much space. Maybe increase the space when a member reaches 1000 posts or something like that. I know at Jeepforum, because I'm a paid member, I can store 25,000 PM's . I would definetly donate $10 to the site yearly to get more PM space.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Tang, you could donate the $10.00 then purchase a package of four 2 gig flash drives for $20.00 + or -, the flash drive allows files to be downloaded and saved then used in different computers, information? if the information is important and can not be replaced it should not be saved on the computer.

As to increasing the PM storage, I would think after contact is made between two members they would move their exchange of ideals to OUTLOOK, YAHOO, AOL, HOT MAIL etc., etc.,, doing so would free up space on a forum and e-mail accounts have a draft option and gigs of free space, and it is not on your computer it is stored on a server.

F. Guffey

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
With 25K forum members, a majority of them active, there is a huge amount of PMs. The best course of action to deal with PMs is saving them off the forum's server. I also remember that this is a forum and that information passed in PMs are lost to others that might be seeking the same. If a PM gets technical over personal, please post it as a topic! Someone else is looking for the same info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts