Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to get up several times a night to take medicine or go to the bathroom. I hate turning the bedside lamp on because it causes my pupils to slam shut and I find it hard to go back to sleep. I took one of the Red LED lights that is made to clip on a ball cap visor and clipped it on the lamp shade of my bedside lamp. Now when I need to see, I simply turn on the red LED light. I don't lose my night vision and I can still see what I am looking for. This would also work good if you needed to reach a firearm in the dark and didn't want to turn on a lamp. You can't see the red LED outside the room.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Sounds like a good idea for a bunch of wake up and manuver in the dark situations. LED stuff is purdy neat, and getting cheaper all the time.

Cheezywan

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
BG's would also take advantage those lights. Would be best I think to stay behind them if you hear a noise or something else you don't like the sound/smell of.

I get dressed and make coffee in the dark. Sometimes can see a little due to stars or moon. Other times, NOT, due to lack of same ambiant light. Pour first cup by sound, and a finger in the cup. I know where stuff is in my home. Could make a pizza in the dark if I new you were stopping by?

Polite thing to do would be to say "hello the house" before barging on in! Coffee is ready though. I'll serve it as you choose.

Cheezywan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts