Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen or know of, a cock "On open" conversion for the 91 Mauser action ???
I have seen conversions for pretty much all the other Mauser, but not for the 91's. I need a sporter safety too !!! HD1

·
Super Moderator
3,827 Posts
It depends

I have never seen a speedlock for an 1891 Mauser. The 1898 Mauser and most sporters based on the '98 action do cock 3/4 on opening and 1/4 on closing. Years ago, speedlocks were offered for the 1917 U.S. Enfield and I have one. Good luck in your search.

A competent gunsmith should be able to fit a replacement safety to an 1891 Mauser. All the best...
Gil

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,915 Posts
Have a couple on M96's and the P-17. Don't know about the M91.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know Dayton-Traister used to offer the speed lock kits and safteys for small-ring Mausers but don't recall them being offered for the 91's. Someone did make a safety, but I can't recall who it was. I suppose I could weld-up a safety, but I'm not sure I want to go messing with the bolt too much. HD1

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just ran across an ad for 91&96 conversions the other day. I'll have to let you know if I run across it again.

Found it, it was for a 93 & 96 from Dayton Trister. They still make the P-17/P-14 conversion kit also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts