Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to touch up some holster wear areas on revolvers and some screws and dings on rifles and shotguns ribs and barrels, and maybe a few whiskers are looking in the white. What's your recommendation for a cold blue. Brownell's oxpho blue cream looks good at first sight, got any experience good or bad?

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,952 Posts
I've tried just about all the cold blue chemicals from various suppliers, including the Oxpho from Brownell's.

Being of natural lazy bent, I've found the bluing kit supplied by Birchwood Casey that has 3 magic marker-like pens to be one of the best, easiest and fastest ways to touch up spot areas. Any of the others, be sure that whatever you use for an applicator is NOT used to touch the bluing container mouth or dispenser after being used. A new, clean applicator must be used, or else the remaining liquid in the container will be contaminated. Pour what amount you feel will be adequate for your application into a small dish or separate container for use to dip or soak your applicator, then discard the leftover chemical. This doesn't seem to faze the pen applicators - just recap, keep the tips pointed down and reuse the next time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts