Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some older NORINCO 7.62x39 ammunition that I think is classified as AP. How do I figure the value of it? (Ignore the PMC stuff!).

Thx.

·
Banned
39 Posts
7.62x39 AP

What ever the market will bare. Do you want to make a profit or just off it? Don't sell, hoard.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
The federal ban against the importation of this stuff during the Clinton Administration does claim its AP but in fact, it isn't. I'm fairly certain it is lead core and it does not meet standards for AP rounds. While its illegal to import or offer for sale (dealers, distributers, not individuals) there is a lot in this country. A collector may want a box or perhaps 2 but I doubt it has achieved anything over normal prices for shootable ammo. I don't have any interest in that caliber or type so I'm no expert.

Go to Gunbroker and scan the site for the stuff to get an idea of prices but remember, what they WANT to sell it for is different from what its worth.

Its legal for you to own and to shoot, even sell (as an individual) so if you have the rifle, shoot it or hold on to it for a rainy day. I'm told its pretty hot fodder!

·
Registered
Have owned and shot over 2500 different firearms including Blackpowder, Antiques, & Modern.
169 Posts
Take a magnet and see if it will stick to the bullets. If it does, it is steel core, but not really AP. $.25 to#.30 per round around here in the "Everwet State"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts