Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating retiring, selling out and moving to the Divide, Florissant area in the next couple of years.
I'm an avide bullet caster. Currently I'm sitting on a couple thousand pounds of lead, wheel weights, linotype, accumulated through creative scrounging. I dread the cost of shipping all that west, unless lead is scarce in Colorado.
How's the lead supply out there?
I ask because Colorado has attracted a bunch of tree huggers from California and the East Coast over the past twenty years, plus Colorado sent that dingbat Patricia Schroeder to Washington!
Can I get wheel weights, lead, etc. out there?
Jim

·
Registered
107 Posts
Howdy arkypete-

I'm one of the transplants from CA from some years back. Originally born in CA - an accident of birth I say. Really - I had no control over the situation - in my heart I've always been a Rocky Mountain Native!

CO's politics are less liberal than Kalifornia - but still TOO liberal. I guess the reason liberals vote for gov't to 'take care' of all of us is because THEY can't take care of themselves. Too many people shirk their responsibilities and look for someone else (like me) to pay their way.

Enough of the rant...

Lead sources out here are not a problem so far. Wheel weights can be had, etc. - just need to put in your time seeking them out and beating the next guy to the find. Many of the tire shops will sell them for a small fee ranging between $.010 & $.20 per lb.

Best regards-

Sky C.
Longmont, CO

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sky C.

Sky C.
I'll regret leaving my lead alloy stash behind, from what you tell me I'll easily replace it. I'm hoping to buy enough land that I can set up my own shooting range with bench and back stops. I should be able to recycle some of the lead I shoot.
Heck I could invite any new shooting buddies out to my place and let them help with my lead supply!
Man I'm getting devious in my old age.
Jim

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Arkypete,
where are you now? If you're not too far away, I may be interested in buying what you're not taking with you as far as lead goes.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm a bit far off

kciH
I lived in Bellview for five years, back in the fifties. I now live in Richmond, Virginia.
Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts