Shooters Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone can give me some info on a revolver I've had for a little while?  The gun is a large frame Colt double action 1909 Army revolver.  Belonged to my father-in-law and I got it after it spent about a week at the bottom of a river after a flood.  Was in fantastic shape before that (man, those old Colts had gorgeous bluing), but to save the gun I had to have it refinished .  Gun is in 45 Colt, has a 2.5 inch barrel, and is marked "United States Property" and R.A.C. under the barrel.  Curiously, it also has an awful set of oversized, Bakelite plastic grips.  I can't find anything in my limited library about these old Colts so I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who knows anything about them.  I expect that I destroyed any collector value it might have by refinishing it, but I'll never sell it anyway and I couldn't bear looking at it in such sorry condition.  Lastly, I'd really like to get a set of grips that compliment the gun - anyone have any ideas where I might locate some for this model - I haven't happened on any in all the sources I've checked.    

1 - 1 of 1 Posts