Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am new here and I have this Colt considering selling I am not sure if it's value. I believe the original barrel was damaged. Your expertise is greatly appreciated. Hopefully the photos will help. Serial # 386xxx
Thank you.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
10,049 Posts

Things are worth what someone is willing to pay for them, auctions are the tape that tells the tale.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
17,052 Posts
"Colt 45" takes in a LOT of territory. Welcome to the forum. You probably can't post pictures yet. I suggest you cruise around current topics and get a feel for the water first.
Said all that--What kind of Colt have you got?

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
10,049 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You probably can't post pictures yet.
Yes, He can; and already has in his 'Rolling Block' post from a month ago.

The software change happened two years ago...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure why im having issues posting the pictures. and now they've posted 3 times. sorry about that
"Colt 45" takes in a LOT of territory. Welcome to the forum. You probably can't post pictures yet. I suggest you cruise around current topics and get a feel for the water first.
Said all that--What kind of Colt have you got?
I posted pics I'm sorry I'm not very tech but I'm

·
Premium Member
17,052 Posts
That is a Model of 1911, 45ACP. NOT a 1911A1 which means its earlier than WW-II. It looks like it has suffered from 'cleaning' at some time or other and it is Parkerized rather than blued. The serial number will date it.
Very nice gun, very desirable but condition determines value.
GI collectables have gone up 10X in my lifetime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts