Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a Colt Trooper Mk3 for a song. It was unfired, and besides the prior owner dry firing it, it doesn't show any wear. What experiences have you all had with Colt D/A's.
Please be honest, I can take it!:D

Thanks to all, and It's good to be back on the forum;)
Chris~

· Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Trooper

Thanks Erikk,

I picked up this Trooper for $200. It surely appears unfired, but not for long;)

Can an action job be performed on a Colt easily? I an aware that they use a different style mainspring. Double action now measures 12.5 lbs, and Single is breaking at 4.6 lbs. The S/A is crisp, but I think that a 3 or 3.5 lb. would be even better.:p Here is a picture.

Anyway, thank again for all the help!
Chris~

· Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for all your input. I will keep you advised as to how I make out with my quest for a "smoother break"

Chris~;)

· Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks Bill!

I hope you guys don't call and turn me in! Really it was $200.00 :)
I've been bouncing round the web, and I think I'm gonna follow that advice Bill. Dry firing seems to be the recommended action to smooth it out. Although I'm sure a couple of hundred rounds of mixed .38/.357 could'nt hurt:p

Thanks again to all, be well....
Chris~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.