Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Colt 357 King Cobra with a 4 inch barrel, SS, in great shape, and Colt no longer makes this weapon. I bought it new years back and really only fired 100 rounds through it. My QUESTION is. I want to sell it and I'm seeing them going / sell/sold on internet from $650-$875. I took it to a local dealer and they offered me $250. However they where really interested in it because they kept in me to sell. I told them I will leave it for 30 days on consi. and pay them their 15%. Now!! the two owners go into the back room to talk about it and I hear one say he really wanted it, and that they can earn on it. So!! what is it worth ? Can any body give me an idea ?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Tell them $600 is the lowest you'll go on it! :D They would still make a few bucks on it and you'll likely get more than you paid for it. Hold out and you could get $750 for it on an auction site like gunbroker.com

Good luck.

·
Registered
293 Posts
$250 is a pawn shop desperate to sell price. They of course have to make some profit so they won't go top dollar....

$600 would be a good retail deal or FTF sale price. I sure wouldn't go below $500 even if I needed the money, someone will give you that much for sure.

They are nice guns.

·
Banned
397 Posts
When you sell a gun to a dealer you will be lucky
if you get half of the going price. Just my opinion.
Zeke

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
Last year I had a dealer offer me $300 dollars for my Kimber "compact stainless" which is like new condition, however this fish did not bite the worm on the hook. I agree never take it to a dealer if you want a fair price for your pistol.;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My local shop had one on consignment for $599. I think it finally sold after a month. It was the same 4" model as yours, bare gun only no box but it was in great condition, very smooth trigger. If yours is complete with box and papers you could probably sell it for $700+. If I was a big fan of the 357 I probably would have bought it. I did buy from them recently a 4" Python in royal blue in excellent condition, bare gun, for about $900. That's enough 357 for me :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts