Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Inactive account
4,735 Posts
Drop your reloads into the chambers of your .44 WCF and note if the rims bottom in the chambers. Any high rims will drag against the recoil shield of your SAA. I don't know how much .44 WCF reloading you've done but when I started out, I had the same problem because when I seated bullets, I let the bullets seat off-centered. Since the brass at the casemouth is very thin, off-centering the bullets is easy to do and not very noticeable. You don't have this problem with straight-wall cases since they are thicker at the casemouth and help guide bullets being seated. If you have the same problem that I did, this is the cure, bullets have to be seated on-center. Suggest you look into the Hornady New Dimension die set for .44 WCF. They have a sleeve in their seater die which helps seat bullets on-center.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.