Shooters Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Mine was doing the same "grey dot" thing with IE. I open it in Google Chrome now and works fine.

Still can;t get rid of those "firearm-relevant" Family Dollar adds, though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
signed out & opened site with Firefox.
looks better now. (except for all the ads)
I just may stick around.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,154 Posts
Still can;t get rid of those "firearm-relevant" Family Dollar adds, though.
You knew being a supporter got rid of ads in the old format, I'll bet you can guess what would get rid of them in the new format.;)

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Another shortcoming that might be fixed is this new format doesn't have any symbol or indication that you're participated or not in the thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Even an old dog can learn new tricks.
The thing I found with these upgraded forums is to go to the Dark Mode and everything is easier to read.
It takes a little fooling around but after a while it fits like and old shoe.

AZB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another thing is I was able to find replies to posts I had made years ago and never knew there were replies to those posts.
So, there is a bright side to the updates.
Click on your Icon and "following" you will see links and answers to posts you are following.
Click on the three dots above and you can edit your posts.
It's easy.

AZB

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Another shortcoming that might be fixed is this new format doesn't have any symbol or indication that you're participated or not in the thread.
The forum software DOES have that capability. I don't know whether an administrator or exactly what premission level is required, but this could be turned on here if VerticalScope wanted to turn it on. There's a simple overlay of your profile pic over and kind of toward a corner of the icon preceding the thread title (in the forum list) when the feature is active in this software.

That said, I don't personally find it terribly noticeable or useful. A matter of taste or preference, I suppose.

·
Administrator
39 Posts

How To Know If You Posted In A Thread

Step One:
Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

Additionally, you can find discussions you have participated in here.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
What is described above is different from what I spoke of, but perhaps it will suffice for Stretch’s purposes.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Big half empty pages with half the information on any given page of the old format. I reminds of an airgun forum I visit occasionally, lot of layers and lots of scanning back and forth clicking and clicking. I have big monitor which really makes it difficult. Not impressed but it's a free country, people are free to visit the forum or not.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
What a surprise when I came on the forum this morning. I like the new look and found it pretty easy to navigate once I played around with it for a while. It's not much different from changing to a new operating system on a computer like I did several years ago when I dumped Windows OS completely and move over to Linux.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts