Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I picked up my Mint unfired pinned and recessed S&W Model 629 with 4 inch barrel with all the accessories. That plus my 8 3/8 and 6 inch barreld pinned and recessed Model 629's gives me the complete set of barrel lengths in that version.

4 inch

6 inch

8 3/8 inch

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Very nice! The P&R Smiths are my favorites! I only have a 28-2 now though, which is my favorite S&W of all time.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
The 8 3/8" barrel makes for an excellant deer hunting pistol. Shot my first white tail deer with one back in 1983 and has accounted for several more since that time. Its on the second scope--first Weaver scope couldn't hold up to the recoil. Nice having the three barrel lengths which would make great photo together.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet Fyimo! Are you planning to keep them unfired?
The S&W Model 629 with 4 inch barrel is mint and unfired with the tool kit, paperwork, and presentation case and is the rarest pinned and recessed Model 629. That will definiatly stay unfired as it's nearly a grail gun to collectors. The 8 3/8 inch that I have is also mint with all the goodies so it will also stay unfired. The 6 inch I have is a 98% gun without the goodies and I would fire that one. I do most of my range work in 44 Magnum with a S&W Model 29-2 with 6 inch barrel.

I'm a S&W collector so these are more a part of my collection rather then shooters. The 4 inch was only made for about one year and are quite rare and hard to find and sells for a steep premium. I got this one from a fellow S&W forum member on a good deal as there are very few in this condition with all the goodies to go with it. I've gotten emails from several others S&W forum members who are collectors saying that I beat them to it and asking if I wanted to sell it. There was another one posted in the S&W forum classified and the guy wants nearly three hundred more then I paid and the one he has is not as nice as the one I bought according to friends of mine who have seen both guns.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,227 Posts
Man, you are making me drool all over my computer screen. I have owned numerous model 29s over the years but like an idiot I sold them. That is a nice brace of revolvers you have there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Now you just have to get the BLUED ONES!

Just kidding! You have quite a collection there, and it's hard to get more iconic that the Dirty Harry Model 29!!

An American Tradition right there!

Vanguard.45

·
Registered
753 Posts
Those are nice guns. I'm not drooling over them only because I'm not a collector of guns. Don't get me wrong on this, There is nothing wrong with being a collector of guns, (I collect coins myself), but when I buy a gun for big bucks, it's to shoot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts