Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
That was very cool! Thanks for that.

In all these cartridge comparison and line-up pictures (this one is the most extensive I've seen, by far), they always leave out the 22-250!

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I maybe should have chosen the word "extensive", instead of "comprehensive". Still, I think it's cool seeing so many line-up pictures like that.

What would you good folks say to each of us putting together a picture of each cartridge we shoot or reload for, with a description of each underneath? We could post them here for all to see? :)

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Good idea, Jason. I'm going to try to put my measly collection of reloaded calibers up today if I take the time.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Here's another pretty neat page with measurements for standard, metric, rims, wildcats, obsolete, European, etc. Down at the very bottom is where all the other page options are.
stevespages.com/page8d.htm

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Here's my little reloading family (30-06 not shown - I have none loaded!)

Reactions: gemihur

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice pics, guys! :D Hopefully more folks will join in and we'll have a bunch of these listed on here. Would make a neat sticky, if we get enough pictures uploaded?

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
First picture is my family of .35s. The .35 Rem did, however move out a while ago. Other members include the .356 Win, .358 Win, .350RM and .35 Whelen.

Second picture is my collection of Gummy-Tips (LeverEvolution ammo). Again, the .35 Rem is now gone. Remaining rifles include the: 30/30, .308ME, .444, 45-70 and .450 Marlin.

Third picture is my collection of Metrics. They include: 6.5RM, 6.5x55, 7x57, 8x57 and 9.3x62

Fourth picture includes my straight walls: .375 Win, .444, 45-70 and .450

Fifth picture is my .308 family. No .243 lives here any longer. The remaining ones include the 7/08, .308, .338 Fed and .358 Win

Attachments

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
These pictures would not fit in the previous post. First is my 30/06 family. No .280 Rem lives here any more. The rest include: 25/06, .270 Win, 30/06 and .35 Whelen

Second Picture is my SM family. 6.5RM, .270WSM, 7mmSAUM, .300SAUM, .325WSM and .350RM

Attachments

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's 30 in all, TnHunter...minus a few that have moved on or made it into a couple of pictures. Very cool! :)

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
That's 30 in all, TnHunter...minus a few that have moved on or made it into a couple of pictures. Very cool! :)
Thanks. There is one more group left, the SMs. I hope to find that pic later today....:confused: Found it!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Broom_jm, that's a pretty cool selection of cartridges you have there, very nice. I've never shot a 44-40 but would love to own a gun chambered for one day. TnHunter you have quite the collection yourself, love the SM family you have there.

·
Registered
13,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, Fred. I've always been kind of an odd duck, so I guess I just like some of the older or more obscure rounds. I was looking at a pretty nice 8mm Mauser today, thinking about chasing one of my oldest dreams of building an 8mm-'06. Maybe after Christmas. :)

Any more pics? I'd love to see dozens of 'em in this thread.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Broom_jm, that's a pretty cool selection of cartridges you have there, very nice. I've never shot a 44-40 but would love to own a gun chambered for one day. TnHunter you have quite the collection yourself, love the SM family you have there.
Thanks. All my SMs are on a Model Seven platform (or the derivative 673), save the .325 which is a BLR.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
If I were a bit younger the .25 WSSM and the .35 wildcats based on the 300 WSM would interest me. With today’s powder and components both would be a lot of fun to play with.

I am a .25 caliber fan and here are a few pictures I cleaned up while waiting for lunch. Any .25 Remington Varminters out there?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts