Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you conceal more than one gun at once on your body or in your "area", like can I have one concealed in my car and on my person or 2 or more on my person. I live in Virginia now if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
We can here in WA. I often pack a couple pieces on my person. My Kel Tec P3AT goes everywhere but the shower. Then something larger often gets packed as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Your state will make all the difference, so hopefully someone knowledgeable from VA will answer. Though, usually, this question is answered as part of the process that legally allows you to have a concealed firearm on your person.

In my state, a permit is only required for concealed carry on your person. You may have firearms anywhere in your vehicle. The permit states WHICH models of automatics you are allowed to carry and whether or not you are authorized to also carry revolvers (not model specific.) Beyond that, you can carry as many as you want, if you've been tested for that model and it is listed on your permit.

It's amazing there are idiots out there who disarm themselves in the shower... :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
I can't speak to VA, but in NH its legal; at least not specified against. I frequently carry a concealed firearm, sometimes 2 and 1 which stays in the truck.

·
Banned
507 Posts
slim you too funny!

In WA the WSP told me you can have a CW in your car loaded if you are "in control of it" meaning per the officer that if I am in the car alone or that other riders have a CWP. I can have it in the glove box or center console and "be in control of it" provided my kids can't get at it! I can have as many as I like. When he pulled me over I had 3 loaded pistols and 2 rifles in the truck. He didn't seem to care. He did ask to look at the Glock and ask if it was loaded.

He did say too that if I got into a wreck and needed an ambulance it would be safer/better to have the CW on my person. So as to not have a firearm end up where it didn't belong!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Don't think there's any limits in PA.

I've packed 3 before.....just to see if it was feasible.

It is. Very. :D

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I'm pretty sure you are required to have at least 4 in MT. Not that we have any crime here anyway, but I always have a few in the Jeep, one in an ankle holster, one on my hip and well thats for me to know...;)

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I have a Galco Ankle Lite, with boots (frequent for me) I carry a 5" custom double edge. They make a boot extender, which I have, but my pants wont fit over the pistol that high up my calf.

·
Banned
507 Posts
Doesn't every one on this board carry a boot knife too? Or just us rednecks militant types?

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
The proper term is hillbilly... :) Although I look nothing like a redneck or hillbilly, its part of my daily disguise.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
on the knife issue .. i was just going through old nooks an crannys of this old rented house an found a nice walkin cane.. got to looking an it was in two sections.. snatched real hard and out come a razor sword,,about 20 or more inches long.. dang wicked thing.. on further inspection an the walking cane was made to be a perfect long black jack .. something you could stop a man with..colar bone strikes are something i have first hand knowledge of..
im sure nuff a tuff red --no hillbily now..:Di like that old term..
you use what tools is available to you..i got nothing left in the shoulders so its a bad walking cane ,pepper gas ,an 38s&w with 158m grn swc..
for a christian man im kinda loaded up for bad intention ,,i guess..
but he didn t put me here to be nobodies punching bag.. slim:)
matthew 10 :26.. very true..

·
Banned
24 Posts
Matt,
At least in Va. there is no limit to the # of guns you can carry on your person with a CCW however, knives are NOT considered covered under the permit and you could get in hot water over what the LEO or courts consider too big an edged weapon you have.
My stock knife goes everywhere with me,sans shower-I don't have enough to spare in case of an accident in the shower-lol!
Check with the laws in your state.

Gary

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Our concealed carry law does specifically define knives with a blade longer than 4" as a "weapon." Auto opening knives are legal here but a letter from the Sheriff is required to carry them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts