Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 44 mag Marlin 1894 lever is still in layaway and I am trying to decide on a receiver sight for it. I have checked the Lyman, williams, and ashley sites and the dealers and things just get very confusing. I have an e-mail into AO but from what I am seeing you can't just say you have a 1894 and get the right set up.
Will I have to wait to see what bases I have for the front sight before I know which front post set up to get and do all the brands fit the predrilled holes in the 1894 for the receiver rear sight apeture?
Then there is the apeture size and post size. I think I know I wanted the biggest rear apeture and a good visible front post and Ashley suggests a combination for hunting but does one of their sets come with that combination?
Sounds like I have to wait and get my rifle and then call the tech lines for the vendor I pick and have my caliper in hand to give measurements.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello Chief; I was in the same boat you are in last summer. My wife got me a set for a birhtday present, the back sight comes with two apetures. My set had the wrong front sight,the holes lined up all right but the base was too long and hit the barrel band. Call them up,there great people to deal with.  I told them what I had, a New Marlin 1894S w/20"barrel. They apologize and sent the right one out. I let they tell me what I needed and it works Great! By the way I have a Lyman peep on my Black Powder Rifle, it works good but its not a AO. For the extra money get the AO it will be cheaper in the long run. I hope I didn't get you more Confused. Have a Happy New Year!

·
Registered
241 Posts
AO Ghost Rings are terrific. Order the set that is specific to the 1894. Go for the .230 ring and the standard (combined) base and medium or wide blade front.

I left my standard rear sight on since the buckhorn folds down and out of the way.

Can't say enough good things about how that setup works with my 1894.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts