Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Contender barrel in 45/410 / adj sights/ 10".   It has a choke that is removed for 45 Colt shooting and put in place for 410 shooting.  I have been shooting 45 colt in my Ruger for a while and just wanted to try it out in the contender.   My question is - Is it any good ?? I suppose I will find out when I get to the range.  It has an really long chamber (no doubt to  shoot the 410's).  That 45 colt bullet must travel about 2 inches before it hits the rifling.  Then there is only about 6" of rifling and then it has to pass an inch of threads (for the screw -in choke).     Any experience out there on what I should expect (or not expect) from  this.  Any good ideas on bullets or loads would be welcome.  

·
Registered
83 Posts
Doug,

I haven't ried this in my barrel, but from what I've read, you shouldn't expect too much in the accuracy arena.  I do take mine out for some early season squirrel hunting and have a fine time with that.  The only way to fine out is to try it though.  I'm going to try some 410 slugs in my barrel this summer.  Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried for over a year to find an accurate load in my TC for 45 Colt but never found it. I hope it was just that barrel. On the other hand most of my other TC barrels were as accurate as anything I owned. Still shooting 410's out of a handgun was lots of fun and being able to switch from shotshell to 45 Colt plus P in less than a minute is a great feature. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts