Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With deer season approaching I thought a discussion of cook books might be fun.

My wife and I like Jim Cassada venison cook book about the best from those we have looked at. It has good simple recipies that work. Some of them are really remarkable.

Any other cook book recommendations?

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
There's a pretty good one up here, I think Alaska Magazine had it published about 5 years ago called "Cooking Alaska Fish and Game" or "Recipes for Alaska's Fish and Game". At any rate it was pretty good, though some recipes for stuff like beavertail soup didn't get tried. Most of our recipes are in my wife's head, she grew up in Cordova, as her mother and grandmother, so they have things down pretty well. Most of my stuff involves the grill and varying amounts of cayenne pepper. :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well wife decided to make beef jerkey in the dehidrator(sp) yesterday, 1 of 3 dogs would eat it. Have no clue what she did to it. Wife boils water and burns it, when her kids were growing up knew dinner was ready when smoke alarm went off or pan caught on fire.
At least she is first to admit that she cant cook. Lucky I learned to cook when I was very young, and do most of the cooking.
P.S. she poisned her first husban (she got him to the hosp. in time)
Maybe this one should have been in the Humor section. :D

Gun Runner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts