Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally order a Marlin 1894s last week, the dealer told me it was in stock, should get it thursday! It's like being a kid at Chirstmas. (or I should say a child at Chirstmas) I want to thank everybody's help on the matter. (I used to be under a different name- new computer) Lets see I need some lapping bullets a Ashley Ghost sight.......

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a marlin 1894S  in .41 mag. I love carrying and shooting it. Have killed one medium mule deer at about 75 yards with it. My handload, 210 gr. Sierra JHP, 18.5 grs H2400, CCI Mag primers. Before I could lever in another round, the deer was down and dead.

Great rifle: great cartridge.  L.W.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
AARGH!

Don't mention the Marlin .41! I had one that shot like the proverbial dream but sold it in a moment of extreme stupidity. Now try to find one!

Pat,

I'm glad to hear you decided on the Marlin. I don't think you'll ever regret it. I have yet to make my final decision on sights for my 444P, but am leaning towards the Ashleys as well. Marshall seems to really like his and that's a pretty good endorsement for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got my new Marlin 1894 today. I have mixed feelings. The rifle is all that I expected but, the magazine tube at the end has a couple little dents. Right down to the bare metal. I pointed it to the dealer he said he was sorry that it happens some times in shipment. Believe it or not the guy is honest, I delt with him many times. I don't know if the gun was displayed at another gunshop or not. I was there when he called in the order to a distributor.I don't know if his distributor displays guns on the rack then sells if he get a order or what. The little kid in me said I want it right now! So, I said to myself -self- it probable won't look new after hunting season anyways. Some of you are saying that I should of left the gun there, maybe so. But I fell in love with it, my first lever gun. So I put some cold blue on it,  of course there still there not as bad. (I keep telling myself) The good news is it shoots great,between the rain and snow today!
 Got to thinking, I called Marlin and let them know whats going on the other end. I told them that the box that the rifle was shipped in was fine but had this little problem. I told her that I wanted to let you guys know whats going on the receiveing end. She was very short and dry, it was O' Well have a good day. I didn't even get a I'm sorry to hear that sir. Should I fire off a letter to Marlin or write it off as a learning experience.
Well I feel a little better now!

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
Pat,

I think a letter may be in order. If the shipping box is undamaged there is a pretty good chance the rifle was marred at the factory, maybe even as it was getting packed. Perhaps someone in the shipping department at Marlin didn't want to show his mistake to a tough supervisor.  

1 - 6 of 6 Posts