Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on what the best books are for learning predator/coyote hunting? I'm taking up the sport and looking for a good read as a primer on tactics, calling, etc. I'm not looking for the super beginner book that says, "wear camo and don't move" kind of thing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
One Of The Best

One of the very best books that I ever came across is : The Varmint and Crow Hunters Bible by Bert Popowski. It is quite old with a copyright date of 1962. He was an old time hunter and guide in the mid west and had real world experience.

My copy of the book was given to me by one of the premier yote callers in the South Dakota region. The book is a wealth of knowledge. Another plus for a beginner would be to join the Varmint Hunters Assn. I have been a member for almost 20 years and there is a ton of knowledge in the publication and the forum.

If you obtain the book take a close read in the crow hunting section. I got into crow hunting really heavy while living in Maine and even became a guide. Can you believe it.....$150 a day for doing something that you dearly love.

Also take a look at Predator Masters forum. There is some great info there.

Good Huntin' -----pruhdlr

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pruhdlr many thanks for that suggestion, I found used copies available on internet, only costing me $6 delivered....looking forward to that read. Have been messing around on Predator Masters too and that also is a great resource.

Will also check out the DVDs

·
Registered
486 Posts
One of the very best books that I ever came across is : The Varmint and Crow Hunters Bible by Bert Popowski. It is quite old with a copyright date of 1962. He was an old time hunter and guide in the mid west and had real world experience.

My copy of the book was given to me by one of the premier yote callers in the South Dakota region. The book is a wealth of knowledge. Another plus for a beginner would be to join the Varmint Hunters Assn. I have been a member for almost 20 years and there is a ton of knowledge in the publication and the forum.

If you obtain the book take a close read in the crow hunting section. I got into crow hunting really heavy while living in Maine and even became a guide. Can you believe it.....$150 a day for doing something that you dearly love.

Also take a look at Predator Masters forum. There is some great info there.

Good Huntin' -----pruhdlr
Thanks for the suggestion. My son is really getting into coyote hunting, and now I am starting to get interested.
Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts