Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a Marble's 'Bullseye' rear and a .570" high, 1/6" gold bead front sight for my 16" Puma .44 Mag. today. I got 'em mounted & squared up & went out and tried 'em out. I guess my figures were correct. My 240 gr. (mag.) loads were point of aim (elevation wise) @ 100 yds. w/the first step, it took a few taps w/a brass block to get the windage right. They had been 6" high on the lowest setting @ 100 yds. w/the slightly altered factory sights.
The sight picture is much better now. I was afraid the sight picture with the 'Bullseye' rear sight would be cluttered, but its not. Its like a 'Ghost Ring', you barely notice the rings but they really do their job. It'll be great in the quakies & timber. The 285 gr. cast bullet (mag.) loads were point of aim @ 100 yds. w/the 2nd step and the 285 gr. Spl. loads were right on @ 100 yds w/the 3rd step. When the weather warms up I'll have to see where the subsequent steps on the elevator put the rounds.
I'm hopin' I'll get to try it out on wild hogs in North CA. We're goin out there in March.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have the same setup on my 16" Rossi/Puma, but mine still shoots a little high. I went with the lower .475 front sight. Do you have a little elevation adjustment left on the rear? Mine is all the way to the bottom and have been thinking of removing the step elevator to get it to shoot dead on at 100 yards. But have also been thinking of going with another Marbles front, just a taller one. Got a part number from Brownells for that front sight? It just seemed to me a .500+ front would have been too tall and looked goofy.

I also had to dremil it a little to fit over the barrel band.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a .570" 1/16 gold bead, and it does look a little tall but hits point of aim at 100 yds. W/240 gr. hp's & 24 grs. Lil Gun. I also had to take a little off the front to clear the barrel band. I ordered my sight set from Buffalo Arms in Idaho. They are listed on Marble Arms website as a distributer. They're a little closer to us here in WYO. It only took two or three days Using USPS shipping, (better rates). If you search Buffalo Arms, check the drop down & click on Iron/Target sights, then Marbles' Barrel sights, P-6 item MAR205732. Buffalo Arms has a lot of COOL stuff. Leather/canvas belts & holsters, long range rifle stuff. With my 1895 Win, Puma .44 and other huntin 'addictions' I'm afflicted with, they're probably going to end up with quite a bit of my "allowance"!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not so 'adept' W/computers or I would send a picture of the sights. They look "deliberate", for lack of a better word. I must say, Marbles sights are very nicely blued and complement the carbine. I considered the Bullseye rear for my 1895 30/06 but when I saw the Peabody sight Buffalo had, I decided to just save a little longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts