Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 The other day I was shooting my Super-Bisley, I noticed that the front sight was crooked. Before that my point of impact would move to the left every once in a while. I would adjust the back sight and call it my fault. I'm still new to this handgun so I figure the gun and I are seating in as one. I bought the gun used, it's only a few years old acording to Ruger. This morning I took the Ruger out  and looked down the barrel, I notice the front sight was cocked to one side. I check everything out it looked fine, except the front sight. It was tight (pinned style) but crooked. So, I put the barrel in the vise and grabbed the grip frame and grunted! Took it out of the vise, not bad. Sighted it back in, now the back sight is in the middle of the adjustment.
So I ask you good men, does this happen very often? Do I have a sick Ruger?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
This is tongue in cheek!
Did you ask the seller what the prevaling winds were in his neck of the woods?
Hey I had a buddy that had a fixed site revolver that shot high. I suggested that he needed to dig a hole for his front foot to lower the shots! He almost believed me.
It's very possible that he dropped the Ruger at some point in time and knocked the front site cattywampus.
I once had a buddy who had a High Standard 22 revolver the the dove tailed rear site was loose. As you tipped the HS from left to right while aiming, the site moved. I could not hit a bull in the behind with it, he never missed.
Jim

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  I should of explain it a little clearer, sorry. The sight base is fix mounted to the barrel and the front blade sits in it with a pin holding it. The sight was straight when I got the gun about four months ago. Between fire lapping and playing with different loads and bullet types I have 2200 rounds through it. I replaced the front sight a while ago that didn't help. Sorry I didn't put this message with the first one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts