Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know CT hunters might be few and far between on here, but do we have anyone that has hunted public land this year?

·
Registered
135 Posts
After being turned down so many times in CT's lottery system back in '86 i gave up hunting in ct when we purchased land in Vt. Now i have my own place to hunt and its connected/bordered by the national forest. Instead of buying a new car, i put band aids on my old car and purchased the land in vt. Plus its safer to hunt in vt too because most of the hunters in ct think the hunting license is free pass to a public shooting range. Just hunt on thanks giving morning and you will see what i mean its sounds like a war is going on.

My family members hunted in vt since the 50's so i had connections on where to buy land. Its awesome to get together every hunting season and bond with friends and family to go hunting. Its really the best times we have spent together.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I 'walk around' in a couple of CT state forests when I want a place close to the house to just get out for a while. When I have more time I drive to a better spot on private land where I can use a CF rifle.

I also have a place in VT. My late dad got me going to VT in the early 50's for deer and we thought it was the best. I have hunted in VT for over 50 years and its becoming a long drive at my age. I also see that there are more deer here. There are no chucks anywhere!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I never hunted in CT but I live right on the border near danbury. I live in Brewster NY. Theres a few state forests near my house where I used to allways see big *** bucks when driving to see my ex fiancee in new milford. Theres like one big state forest in Sherman, real good hunting area, not a lot of hunting pressure and lots of private land and farms around it... in the past few years driving by i've never seen any hunters.. maybe thats cause its close to hunting or just no one goes there. I would look it up. Its on the west side of candlewood lake. The deer get big cause no one really hunts em. Theres a state forest somewhere off of rt 39 near squantz pond state park. I think theres a state forest that goes around squantz pond.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not this year but I hunted it for so many years that I feel pretty knowledgeable about it in my areas.
What is it you want to know?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts