Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the fine grip makers out there make a 1-piece grip for the Bisley?  I have big hands, and my Bisley .44 wants to rap my middle finger with the back of the trigger guard.  Since I was planning to get the piece converted to .500 Linebaugh, that ain't good!!
Good shooting
Mark

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
mcassill,

You might try Blu Magnum at:
www.sixgunner.com/blumagnum/default.htm

Taffin sure recommends him and I've had two sets of
custom grips made that are excellent. He does require you gun on site.

Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had that problem with the stock grips on my .50AE Bisley. The knuckle on my middle finger would hurt for days.  My newest big gun is a .500 Built by Dave Clements. He made minor shape changes to the stock grips. Now I shoot muh nastier loads without so much as a tap on that middle knuckle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also had a few problems with the facory grips on my Bisley, converted to a 475 Linebaugh.  My hands are a little short but they are wide, my friend has pretty good sized paws and he hit his knuckle also.
I purchased a pair of Lett custom grips for my Bisley they are wider right where they need to be and they are fairly reasonably priced.  They had all the hard woods and a lot of laminates also. It helped my hand and also my friend can shoot it without to much difficulty.
So that is a example of the long fingered hands and the short fingered hands getting fixed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the replies, all.  Every day is a learning experience with this stuff.  Will, do you happen to have a web address for the Lett people?
Thanx
Mark

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mark,
That web address is     www.lettgrips.com    I had really good luck with these people, they even stuck a pair of grips on the shelf until I decided that I wanted them because they were the last pair.
A friend of mine was on their web sight last night and he said that at first it looks like they only have a couple of kinds of Bisley grips, then he clicked on something and found all of them I am not sure of the details.  So you might have to hunt around alittle bit, or give them a call.  I am sure that their phone number is on the web sight.

Good luck and God Bless

Will

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will, appreciate the info.  Now have a set on order, will have to see how they work out.  Should look a whole lot better than the factory ones if nothing else.  BTW, who did you have build your .475?  If it was somebody other than Linebaugh or Bowen, how would you rate the work?  Thanks again, and good shooting.
Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts