Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
So I recently came into possession of a savage 110 7mm rem mag. I honestly don't know very much when it comes to the world of bolt action rifles, but I do know I want to make this rifle my own with a new stock. My problem is I can't really find anything online for it. I'm not picky, I just want it to be capable of converting it into a magazine fed rifle and look better than the stock in currently working with. All I can find are stocks made for .300/.308/.338. If anyone can point me to a website or tell me if those stocks will work properly (and Ross some knowledge my way) that would be great.
Thanks!

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
9,394 Posts
Here are some highlights that will help you.
Savage long actions are: 110, 111, 112, 116.
Short actions are: 10, 11, 12, etc.

Savage is INfamous for having some random exceptions, but the general gist that is important is the action spacing.

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?128-Savage-Action-Lengths

This is all explained on the Boyd's gunstock website.

I'm sure there are several places, but CDI, and Pacific Tool & Gauge will both sell you kits to convert to detach mag systems.

Just pay attention to whether or not you are looking at Stagger feed Vs. Center feed.

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Deadpoolio,
Glad to see you here. There are many folks that will be glad to assist you.

I moved your post to the Rifles section where is may get more attention. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Hey all,
So I recently came into possession of a savage 110 7mm rem mag. I honestly don't know very much when it comes to the world of bolt action rifles, but I do know I want to make this rifle my own with a new stock. My problem is I can't really find anything online for it. I'm not picky, I just want it to be capable of converting it into a magazine fed rifle and look better than the stock in currently working with. All I can find are stocks made for .300/.308/.338. If anyone can point me to a website or tell me if those stocks will work properly (and Ross some knowledge my way) that would be great. Thanks!
I put a Hogue Overmolded stock on my 110 and love it. Boyds would be a good option if you want wood. Bell and Carlson for hard synthetic.

https://www.hogueinc.com/stocks/savage

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/find-a-stock

Bell and Carlson

Reactions: Tnhunter

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Depending on exactly what you want, I also suggest Boyds especially if you want a nice wood stock. They now allow the customer options such as walnut, laminate and upgraded walnut, different checkering patterns, forend tip, grip caps, etc. For 250-275 you can have a darn nice stock made.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
I would certainly give BOYD'S a call for your custom stock. I put 3 of their stocks on 3 of or Savage rifles, one is the wife's in blue color and I have a red and green one on two of my Savages. GOOD LUCK!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts