Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about having the 20" barrel on my Cimarron 1892 levergun chopped down to 16".
I'd like to have it professionally done and would like to know about how much I should expect to spend.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Just for grins, make sure whoever cuts it down makes it 16.5", so you avoid even the very appearance of evil. :)

What cartridge is your '92 chambered in and why are you wanting to cut the barrel down?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for grins, make sure whoever cuts it down makes it 16.5", so you avoid even the very appearance of evil. :)

What cartridge is your '92 chambered in and why are you wanting to cut the barrel down?
Good thought on the 16-1/2". ;)
It's chambered for .357/.38sp
I'd like to cut it down for better weight distribution, easier manuverability, and appearance.
I understand doing so may jeopardize some velocity, but I would think that would be very minimal.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Here's a .357 Model 92 with a 16" bbl and a button mag the owner did, so cost = elbow grease, and probably a couple bucks for the forend cap. :D

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
That's a cute little lever-action and I can imagine dressing up in cowboy gear and making the plates sing with it, while riding at a full gallop! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts