Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Cva Fox River Fifty .50 caliber muzzleloader. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this model and could tell me how to remove the barrel on it. It doesn't have a wedge pin on it like most side locking muzzleloaders. Thanks

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
One most rifles there is one form or another holding the stock to the barrel. There are Wedge pins, brass pins and locking bolts. Which one does your rifle have? I personally never remove the barrel if they are pinned. I clean them with a flush kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, thats why I'm here looking for someone who is familiar with this model, because I'm not sure which one mine has, as I stated in my first post. I'm not looking to remove the barrel for cleaning. It wouldn't do me any good to remove it for cleaning, cause it doesn't have a removable breech plug.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

This is my PA Hunter rifle. Notice the wedge in it.

This is a pinned rifle. No wedges, but in the fancy escutcheon plates, there is a small brass pin that is driven through, holding the stock to the barrel.

Perhaps if you would post a picture of your rifle we could tell you more about it. I have not been able to find a picture of it. Must be an old one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts