Shooters Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Premium Member
Wow, what a happy ending. ;) This coyote will be howling at the moon tonight. Max cool factor looking at all three bolts. The memories and shared knowledge this thread will instill.
I'm gonna send this link to all four of my young and impressionable grandsons. The kids who each tell me when asked, what are you going to be when you grow up? I dunno, they say.
The oldest could have an interest, I hope? 馃 A totally excellent memorable effort on your part Jack. Thank You

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The heavily insured bolts arrived at the customer's house yesterday. He's going to send me a picture of the pair of guns to post here to close out the project.

Premium Member
Yes, pictures to be posted, hopefully later today. So you may have correctly guessed that I am the super lucky recipient of both bolts. They are to be placed in my wife's CZ 452 FS and my CZ 455 FS. I drove a few hundred miles yesterday to pick up a gun safe. That was a heavy critter, it about kilt me getting it in the crib. To see Jack's work is breathtaking and humbling, all at the same time.
It's better'n looking in person. I Thank Jack Belk for his skill, ability and being a man of his word. JWSmith1959 had a hand in this project too, he sorta nudged me to do it and was my friend throughout. Thank you all for your remarks and likes, Jack Belk deserves them all and more, he is the one who started this educational thread. :love:

Premium Member
Well it took me long enough to post these pics of the 'bolts' in their rifles. Sorry for the wait. I have discovered that I'm not worth a flip at 'piture' taking. JWSmith told me use thumbnail pics and I sorta threw them in at the last moment. Here's my feeble attempt a doing some justice to JBelks skilled efforts:

Musical instrument Wood Computer keyboard Natural material Metal
Musical instrument Wood Computer keyboard Natural material Metal

Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood stain

Revolver Musical instrument Violin family Wood String instrument

Tints and shades Human leg Comfort Cylinder Wood

Leg Thigh Wood Human leg Cylinder
Tints and shades Human leg Comfort Cylinder Wood
Leg Thigh Wood Human leg Cylinder
Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood stain
Revolver Musical instrument Violin family Wood String instrument

Premium Member
Thank You Jack, you created some real memories with me and my wife, Bonnie. These are now family heirlooms and I hope their journey is timeless. If I can find a better photographer here in Dust bowl, Tx I'll have some better pictures taken and of course, posted here. Thank You Everybody, Y'all are the nicest folks around, sometimes, even Darkker. 馃槣

Reactions: JBelk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I'm glad to see the bolts in the rifles!! I inadvertently gave Pudfark a two day gunsmithing problem by switching firing pins. Now he knows how to strip his bolt in five seconds flat, though. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Pudfark

Registered
Absolutely Fabulous!

And if that wire wheel idea on the lathe was your idea, You're a genius!

Reactions: JBelk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I'm just a good observer of good ideas. ;) Be sure the axle for the drive pully is long enough to get away from flinging oil from the chuck. Being able to change speeds on a carding wheel is a great benefit.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts