Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
it may be a mute point for most as the velocitor is hard to find.. but mine just doesn t shoot the velocitor as well as my marlins.. now if we talking match type ammo the cz 452 special,gets it done as well as i can shoot...
but i like the velocitor an bought up some,so if i don t plink to much with it .. i ll have it to use anytime i need a 22 with exstra smack to it..
to be honest id just as soon have the money i got in my cz in a couple more marlin 60s..use good clean cci ammo an that cheap rifle,, just more gun than a lotta people think..i don t care at all about match shooting.. i mean buisiness when i shoot my 22s..jmo slim
always in the market for velocitors..:)

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
1400 or so for a 40 grain plated hollow nose .22 out of most rifles.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its my opinion that the velocitors effectiveness is due more to the speer gold dot design..it ll bust bricks at 50 yrds [it helps if bricks are cold]..slim

·
Banned
604 Posts
I use a modified 10/22 for all my rabbit and squirrel hunting. It's the only ammo I use in it. When I built the rifle I modified it to my liking and it shoots the Velocitors the best of all. I have too many times shot 5 shot groups at 50 yards that will go 1/4". 1/2" groups are the norm. I just can't get that kind of grouping out of any other brand of ammo, even the target loads.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep sinbad ..my marlin 60 can pick a squirrels teeth with the velocitor..
i save my cz 452 for long precise shots with my standard match type ammo..if i was to need to have eliminate an enemy [an didn t have my 06]
it ll do the job at surprising range..hope i never have to do it though..slim,patriot:)
ps.. bob faucet use to advise me to use other than velocitors in my cz.. he was right .. a good man..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts