Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Don't know about rat snakes but no nest is high enough to keep bullsnakes out, last spring I pulled one out of a nest robins built overhead on a second floor deck. The walkout basement had 12' ceilings so it was at least 20' in the air. It had already eaten all the eggs and was resting in the nest, didn't measure it but it wasn't extraordinarily large, maybe 5'. I relocate them to a state park with deep canyons 10mi away.

Registered
Nothing makes me happier than to see a red-tailed hawk or prairie falcon dive down and pick up snake-any snake and climb high into the sky and drop them, then come down and pick them apart at their leisure.
I relocate a couple of these a month this time of year around here, pretty rare to see a nasty bullsnake unless some kids been messing with them. I use a snake grabber anyway because you never know and they all stink, looks more professional to handle them with a grabber.
Typical docile bull snake I flushed out from under a customer's front porch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts