Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,161 Posts
More fake eggs.... I don't think the snakes survive those. Caught one leaving the coop with two 'lumps' in it a while back. There was the yolk from a real egg in between.

·
38,161 Posts
Yes, they do swallow ceramic eggs. These washed and put back in service in the coop!

Attachments

·
38,161 Posts
You'll have to move it miles away, FYI, if you can catch it. I'd rather not kill them either but once they get in the coop and find eggs, they'll be back.

The one that ate the ceramic eggs, the woman saw it leaving the coop when she was mowing. I had caught the previous egg thief and relocated it 12-15 miles away, but she is terrified of any kind of snake, and ran over it with the riding mower several times. That apparently wasn't 'dead enough' for her, so she got the hoe and attempted to kill it some more... but adrenaline being bad for fine motor control, it looked like someone plowed up a fair amount of ground around the carcass! Anyway figured might as well get the eggs back, don't think the snake would have survived them anyway.

·
38,161 Posts
I've seen snakes go right up trees and a friend told me about one going up the bricks on the side of his house. Don't know how they do it, but they do.

Reactions: JWSmith1959
1 - 4 of 4 Posts