Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about dating a Winchester Mod. 37 12 Gauge that I inherited from my grandfather. It is marked 12 Gauge, "Steelbuilt" and "Choked". On the buttplate is Winchester/Olin. None of these guns appears to be serial numbered, so I am wondering where to start. My Gun trader guide says they were built from 1937 to the 1960's. Mine appears to be a bit older, but is in great shape. Would appreciate any info/contacts regarding these guns. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
whoops

Goofed on saying that is says "Olin". It is just marked Winchester, Steelbilt, choked and so on. Thanks again.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Chris Cash, your Win Mod 37 was made between 1936 and 1963. One in very good condition they say is worth $200.00. Hope this helps.
P.S. there were 1,015,554 of them manf.
Gun Runner

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gunnrunner,

Thank you for the info. It is much appreciated! I was a year off on the date of manufacture for these guns....you're right...1936-63. Not much written about the old single shot shotguns it seems...people find them pretty uninteresting. I love them though....takes me back to a very simple time and they are about as idiot proof as they get. Many thanks and God Bless, Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts