Shooters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I'm going to brag a bit. Our Meghann is an uberkind. She has achieved, all on her own, a B.S. in Criminal Justice and an M.S. in Criminal Justice - both honors. She got a job at the USDC - Immigration Court, in Detroit (she has 7 years of Spanish), and appears ready to jump to either the FBI or the USDC for the Eastern District of VA, in Alexandria, later this year. She's been interviewed by both and "will take the first offer."

I took her to the local "cop-shop and range" and let her fire a couple of my guns and some of theirs. She was like a kid in a candy shop. She's a quick study and, over the years, has developed a draw-from-holster I never achieved! At any rate, I asked her which gun she would buy for herself as a good-girl reward. She told me she had to wait until she gets back from Italy, in August, to have the $$$, but, she liked this one.

She went back to her apartment and I bought the gun for her. She'll get it tonight at a family gathering (90% scared-of-guns). I am a devil, aren't I?

By the way, she's been carrying a basic Colt Commander for 2 years... She's a good girl and smart enough to know that accomplished Ladies and Gentlemen do not go about wearing "plastic."

Caveat: Meghann is a badge carrier and will transfer the pistol into her name on Monday or Tuesday. Be aware, however, that new case law seems to indicate that my purchasing a handgun for her could be construed as a straw-purchase. In most cases, it's better to take whomever you wish to buy a gun for and give them the money to make the purchase.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Excellent!

Good on the both of ya.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
No doubt you are a very proud father indeed! She picked a great pistol and a caliber that is top-shelf to boot. Congrats on you daughters accomplishments and I wish her all the best and GOD SPEED to her appointment too.

·
Inactive for over a decade
6,248 Posts
Great job Meghann! Good choice (and parenting) JPF!

There is no way that could be construed as a straw purchase unless it is illegal for her to own a firearm. Seeing as how she has a MS, she must be older than 21, and I highly doubt she is a felon or illegal alien.

·
Banned
267 Posts
Obviously she is a young woman with good taste....

Nothing makes me sadder than seeing young people hoodwinked and swindled by the Polymer Pirates into paying cold steel money for their tactical tupperware, which I refer to as "Gun Like Objects."

LOL...

Steel is the real deal.
You will be laughed out of Valhalla if you bring up the Riddle of Polymer....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.