Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to take a few cylinders full of hunting loads thru my new gun.  I had David turn a 357 Bisley into the nicest hunting sixgun you have ever seen.   Installed a 5 1/2" Pac Nor barrel with a express style barrel band front sight, rechambered a 44 mag cylinder to tight 45 Colt specs, did a trigger job,polished and reblued the whole gun including a steel ejector rod shroud. The cylinder freewheels silently both directions.  Shot it with 24 grains of H110 behind a 265 gr WFNGC and was able to keep them all under a palm sized group standing at 25 yards.  Looked at the bore and it was shiny and totally lead free. I know the gun can do better but I have not shot pistol all summer so I was darn impressed especially with a full house load!  The recoil of this fine piece with the extra heft of the heavy untapered barrel and steel ejector shroud made that load a well behaved puppy in terms of recoil. I can hardly wait to get in a bunch more practice and take my first deer with a revolver this year.  I have done it with a Contender a long range but now want to try the sixgun for more challenge! David Clements will build you a great gun for a fair price.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
David Clements is probably one of the most under-rated revolversmiths in the country.  I've had him do work for me, and recommended countless customers to his services.  Never have I been disappointed, nor heard even one complaint concerning his work.  He does work in a very timely fashion, and it's affordable.  His attention to detail and precision fit and finish is impressive indeed.  I too echo your sentiments!

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 2 of 2 Posts