Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Christain I have always looked at death as a graduation into eternity and a chance to talk with Christ face to face. A fellow Elder in our church, { Ed Wrigley ] told me before I went on vacation two weeks ago that he was going in to see his doctor for a check up on a bad cough he has had. When my wife and I got back from vacation this last Sunday, Ed was at home in bed dieing of a real progresive cancer. By this friday he will brobably be gone home to the father. Pray for me that I continualy reach out to the unloved and offer them Jesus as Jesus offered himself to us. I just needed to say that
Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Bob,

I will pray for you, that you'll be a continual bold witness for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Our lives here are but a vapor (so says scripture), and the only thing of importance when we're finally called home to the Lord, is our relationship with Him, and those that we led to the Cross along the way! The rest is all wood, hay and stubble that will be burned away.

Thanks for the post, and yes, I will pray for you!

God's blessing and annointing be upon you!

·
Banned
555 Posts
Bob,
About 9 years ago I lost an Uncle this way, He "knew" what the problem was, nobody else even knew there was a problem.
When i could visit at the hospital, I don't know if he could even hear me. the silence was deafening.
There was nothing to say, he knew we loved him, I knew he loved us. I knew he had a love with the Lord.
He knew we were with him till the end.
We knew the lord took him home, by the smile on his face, the warmth of his hand, that was previously cold,
I think the Lord put us at ease, as he already was.
then he passed, quietly away.

Be at peace my friend.
John

·
Registered
145 Posts
Psalms 73:26 - My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts