Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between two Henry 22WMR rifles. The standard Henry Lever Action blued rifle or the Henry Golden Boy ... both in 22WMR. I've already got several 22LR so that's not a choice I'm considering. I've got lot's of 22mag ammo in stock. I really like the aesthetics of both rifles so... what say you?

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,897 Posts
Kind of a double post, we'll leave this one up for discussion to save confusion.

Thanks for your support.

RJ

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I like the blued rifles. They just look more modern to me. Plus if I scratched the receiver side covers( I would) there's less pain in how to fix it!

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
If you're going to shoot for fun, get the shiny brass one. If you see yourself hunting with it, go with the blued steel.

They're identical, other than appearance...it's not like you can make a bad decision, buying a Henry.

Reactions: Davers

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Always wondered how the Henry's stack up against the Marlins and Winchesters as far as accuracy, are they as good or better?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Always wondered how the Henry's stack up against the Marlins and Winchesters as far as accuracy, are they as good or better?
My wife has the blued steel Henry in 22 WMR and it's minute-of-squirrel head at 50 yards. My old boss had a Golden Boy in 22LR and it was very accurate. His rifle had a peep sight while my wife's is set up with a scope.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They're identical, other than appearance...it's not like you can make a bad decision, buying a Henry.
+1

My experience is the same as Broom_Jm said. My Golden Boy 22LR is very consistently accurate - BUT - only with its preferred ammo (Fed #745 bulk box.) My blue .22WMR Small Game Rifle (H001TMRP with large loop, Skinner Peep) has hunting accuracy, but not what I get from the .22LR. However, it seems to shoot most of the ammo choices I've tried about the same, so it's not that picky. Maybe I just haven't tried the one it really wants to eat to make it as accurate as the .22LR.

Again, you can't make a bad choice getting a Henry. They're ALL fun, accurate, and dependable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts