Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another forum, someone posted these two pictures...

The story was that the guys heard it or something and went down and freed the deer. I'm glad it didn't starve to death!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
That's a pretty nice buck! If his horns are going to get stuck to a piece of wood when he dies, I hope it's over someone's mantle. :)

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts
Glad they freed it, that would have been a tragedy to let that good buck di that way.

·
Banned
46 Posts
Looks lie the evil hunters strike again!!:rolleyes: According to the anti's, hunters only kill for pleasure! Someone should send these pics to the local news reporters as an excellent example of how hunters are stewards of the land and wildlife and that they don't kill every chance they get.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I once saw a doe stuck between 2 smaller trees. She must have landed there while bounding. She had died there. Hard way to die...but there are not many easy ways to die in the wild.

·
Banned
421 Posts
Freeing a buck that is stuck like that could be a dangerous undertaking. Those horns are pretty sharp if the buck cops an attitude and decides to attack.
On another note, I'm not sure if any of you have been to LL Bean in Freeport, Maine, but they now have a full size mount of two bull moose that died with antlers locked together. Someone in Maine found the antlers and partial remains of the moose, and LL Bean entered into an agreement with the finder where they paid the $50,000 taxidermy bill and retain the right to the display for a number of years.
If you're ever in Maine it's worth the trip to see it!

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,978 Posts
Yeah, I would have been pretty leery of trying to unstick the buck - kudo's to the guys who did. Hope the deer just ran off rather than trying to attack.

Nice buck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts