Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I was hanging with the black powder shooters this weekend, almost every one of them had their accessories (patches, balls, powder, knives, etc) in a wooden box. Some were home-made and quite modest, others were made by very skilled woodworkers.

Is this common in the BP world? If so, what's in your shooting box? How large is it? What are your favorite features? I intend to make a box - My son Justin and I attended a meet this weekend with his stuff in a large vinyl bag sporting a floral print. No, really. Justin's momma LOVES HIM! :D

And what's the box actually called?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I always called it my shooting box. But the stuff in that box were to load my possible bag for hunting. The shooting box is for when I go to the range.

Inside the shooting box is about everything I need to break a rifle down, clean it, fix it, stock a possible bag, powder, ball, bullets, patches, cleaning solutions, tools, flints, caps, primers, its all a matter of what rifle I might be shooting that day.

My shooting box is a large plastic tote box. My range bag is a canvas bag with three pockets, and my possible bag is leather with a long shoulder strap.

I used to do the rendezvous circuit also and it was a lot of fun. But I got tire of sleeping on the hard ground, and the meetings were getting too large. Also some of the large rendezvous are the new city's gathering for a large event where all kinds of junk are sold and everyone makes money. They were just getting too big, so I went to the small family ones and stick with that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
A $9 plastic tool box from Home Depot for most stuff, and a $5 canvas tool bag from Harbor Freight for bullets & balls (that full canvas bag weighs about 35 lbs).

·
Registered
355 Posts
I use a "Tuff Stuff" tool box, grey plastic with two cabinet latches, very tough I have found both at garage sales and use them for powder and primer storage as well as one for a range box. I made partitions out of 1/4" luan plywood and it works great and holds all the stuff I need.
Last week(Black Friday) for shoppers, Ace Hardware had new ones for $4.95, so I picked up a couple more, I have a range box for ML and BPCR, and one for center/rimfire rifle/pistol, I can get all the ammo, tools and cleaning stuff in and generally have room for earmuffs, targets, etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
shooting box

When I was hanging with the black powder shooters this weekend, almost every one of them had their accessories (patches, balls, powder, knives, etc) in a wooden box. Some were home-made and quite modest, others were made by very skilled woodworkers.

Is this common in the BP world? If so, what's in your shooting box? How large is it? What are your favorite features? I intend to make a box - My son Justin and I attended a meet this weekend with his stuff in a large vinyl bag sporting a floral print. No, really. Justin's momma LOVES HIM! :D

And what's the box actually called?
Hi mate. mines the shooting box..s. I usually take 3 or 4 rifles , plus gear as my range is a fair trip.I have an old cube milk crate that takes benchrest and bags etc plua big sturdy plastic tool box (yellow) makes it easier to keep track of with people coming and going at a public range.The whole lot sits on an old moving trolley with a couple of straps and theres still room to pile 3 or 4 rifles on and sit it behind the bench. Got this idea from watching western action shooters and having a bad back..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts